Monday, June 14, 2010

car-free pictures and thoughts

I need to tell you a secret. I hold back in my writing so as not to offend you. I do not want to offend you. In the case of the recent BP incident I think you will agree this is a sad summer for all the animals and environments affected by the spill. Maybe it is a good time to rethink your marriage with your car(s) and get a divorce or, at the very least a trial separation :)! What do you get out of the deal? You may get leaner, greener, save money, and have more fun.




This is my main transportation. A Trek 820, steel mountain bike with rigid front fork. 26 inch wheels-one Gordo Salsa-the other a Rhyno lite, carbon fiber bar ends, fenders, bmx platform pedals, and a Arkel tail rider bag. The reason why I am sharing this, is it is not your typical bike, this is a work horse, made to go anyplace and in any weather. I have owned everything from high end Mountain bikes to $4000.00 carbon fiber road bikes, but this bike, retails for $329.00(but upgraded the wheels), has always suited me the best. Oh, and it is always dirty because I always ride it! All bikes work-you just have to find the one that works for you the best.



Seeing kids play outside is one of the reasons I love summer. The world seems much happier when kids are playing games. I was passing a house when I noticed this sign, glad I did not have to walk the plank!


Please walk or bike. Peace, Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment